Friday 3 September 2004

Jesus, You Teach Me...

Jesus,
You walk unendingly
             Teaching me to strengthen my paralyzed legs;
You work tirelessly
             Teaching me to stretch out my broken hands;
You bear a heavy burden
             Teaching me to rejuvenate my weary shoulders;
You undergo an excruciating pain
             Teaching me to wipe away my unending tears;
You hear harsh words
             Teaching me to open up my deaf ears;
You speak softly
             Teaching me to control my noisy mouth;
You think wisely
             Teaching me to censor my foolish thoughts;
You love tenderly
             Teaching me to break open my stony heart;
You listen patiently
             Teaching me to cast away my self-pride;
You accept courageously
             Teaching me to accept things I cannot change;
You live poorly
             Teaching me to give up my worry-making possessions;
You obey willingly
             Teaching me to shed aside my rebellious attitudes;
You die surrenderingly
                         Teaching me to die for my selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment